Garlic Chicken Farfalle

by Ali at Divine Domesticity on July 16th, 2009

Our family loved this flavor packed pasta dish from Becky Higgins. I adapted the recipe slightly by sauteing the chicken breasts in a pan instead of cooking in a crock pot.

Initially I had used the crock pot to cook the chicken, I had made a double back of the chicken in fact, but I found that the reheated chicken had a very unpleasant texture to it.

After making this both ways and eating the leftovers both ways, I have to recommend cooking the chicken in a pan rather than using the crock pot.

Garlic Chicken Farfalle
4-6 servings

16 oz. farfalle pasta
1 c. heavy whipping cream
3-4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
2 to 3 cloves garlic, crushed OR garlic salt
1 Tbsp. pepper
1/2 c. butter
1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
1 (12 oz) Lawry's mesquite marinade with lime juice

1. Combine the chicken and Lawry's marinade in a Ziploc or a covered dish. Let marinate in the fridge for several hours. After marinating, cook in a saute pan until cooked through, being careful not to overcook the chicken, drying it out.

2. Boil the pasta. In a small saucepan, melt butter, add garlic, whipping cream, pepper, Parmesan cheese, and crumbled bacon. Whisk together on low heat for 3-4 minutes. In a large bowl, pour over cooked, drained pasta, add chicken and stir through. Sprinkle a little bit more shredded Parmesan cheese on top.

Recipe adapted from Becky Higgins

4 comments:

Jenna said...

I love the idea of using the crock pot! I've done a similar recipe, but instead of the marinade chicken, just cook the chicken with garlic salt and Italian seasoning...so yummy with the parmesan sauce noodles! I can't wait to try the marinade!

Sarah said...

Sounds delish! I love using my crockpot... primarily because I can be lazy at times. :)

Colleen said...

Yum! Fabulous flavors here!

Barbara said...

Cream, garlic, bacon,and parmesan cheese all in one dish? What's not to love!