Sangria Punch (Non Alcoholic)

by Ali at Divine Domesticity on July 8th, 2009

About two months ago when I was still extremely large and pregnant with Jack, I started craving sangria. As you may know, sangria is an alcoholic beverage, and I am way too uptight to even take a sip of alcohol with gestating. I found a great substitution over at Heritage Schoolhouse (one of new my favorite blogs, by the way).

I was pleasantly surprised at the taste of this punch. While not exactly a traditional sangria flavor (since there is no wine in it), it really did the trick of satisfying my craving. This is a perfect summer drink to enjoy at the end of a long day.

Sangria Punch
6 servings

maraschino cherries and juice
lemon slices
lime slices
orange slices
grape juice
ginger ale

1. Put cherries, juice, lemon, lime and orange slices in a pitcher. Let chill in the fridge for several hours.

To serve: Pour equal amounts of prepared punch and ginger ale over ice in a large glass.

Recipe from Heritage Schoolhouse

No comments: