Angel Food Recipes: Sylvia's Ribs

by Divine Domesticity on August 13th, 2009

First up in my Angel Food Recipes series is a recipe utilizing two pounds of country style pork ribs from a meat box I bought in July. I have never made ribs before, even though I love them. This is partially due to the cost, which was always high when I saw them at Costco, and partially because I was intimidated.

Well, I'm not intimidated anymore! They were so easy to make and very tasty. I have scaled down the original recipe to better match the amount of meat you receive from the Angel Food package.

Note: I made a mistake while jotting down my recipe before I went to make these. I completely left off step number 4! They still turned out delicious, but next time around I will definitely be sure to cook for a bit longer to make the sauce thicker and the meat even more tender.

Sylvia's Ribs
Makes 2 servings

2 pounds country style pork ribs
3/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup barbeque sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1-3/4 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 dash hot pepper sauce, or to taste
2-1/4 teaspoons steak sauce, (e.g. Heinz 57)
1/2 clove garlic, minced
  
1.   Place the ribs in a large stock pot with enough water to cover. Bring the water to a boil and cook over medium-high heat for 1 hour.
  
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  
3. In medium saucepan, combine ketchup, barbeque sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, steak sauce and garlic; blend well. Cook the sauce over medium heat for approximately 20 minutes. (Original recipe author notes: Please note that the above ingredients are all to taste. Use more or less of anything you like.)
  
4. Cut the ribs between the bones and place in a baking pan. Pour sauce over ribs, cover and cook for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes.

Recipe from Allrecipes.com

No comments: